An Easy Access Clinic™ is an outpatient maternity care clinic operating with staff in each role of the 5 stations according to The JJ Way®. The goal of the EAC is to ensure all pregnant people, especially the most vulnerable, receive compassionate quality care and support regardless of ability to pay. EACs collaborate closely with interdisciplinary community-based perinatal professionals and exist especially to meet the needs of people with lower incomes, uninsured people and people who are unable to find providers to help them with their pregnancy for any reason. EACs partner with Commonsense Childbirth to drive community-based research that furthers the perinatal equity mission. Easy Access Clinics are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Pregnancies that reach a gestation of 37 weeks or greater.
- Newborn birth weights of 5 lbs. 8 oz or greater.
- Well-bonded parents, families and babies.
- Successful start to human milk feeding for each parent-baby pair.
- The reduction of the incidence and morbidity of perinatal mood disorders.